3.25.2014

Week 12 - How to be Slim

This week I wanted to try out some of the methods I saw from a YouTube documentary I recently watched on "How to be Slim". The day before I did this I ate a fatty fast food cheeseburger which made me put on just over a pound the following morning.

After putting on a good pound of weight I started my day with a fair amount of 1% milk in my All-Bran cereal after taking my 2 One A Day gummy vitamins (and I did not workout before or during this diet experiment). For lunch and dinner I had made a big pot of chicken and vegetable stew (which had chicken broth, water, chicken on the bone, mushrooms, green beans, stewed tomatoes, sriracha, pink salt, thyme, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, and black pepper just to name a few of the ingredients), and I did consume all of it by the end of the day (it was surprisingly filling). I also ate 2 slices of Ezekiel 4:9 bread (which I found a bit chewy, healthier, and denser than your average bread), drank some water throughout my day, and had a tiny bit of vanilla muesli to snack on. When I got home I had about half a glass of 1% milk with about a tablespoon of raw shredded coconut with a few tablespoons of milk chocolate carnation instant breakfast. Then I got plenty of beauty sleep, and the results the next morning during my weigh-in... unchanged.

The next day after eating normally on my diet again... I dropped a pound. In my opinion, even if you're consuming low-fat dairy the people in the study consumed a liter a day so to me it seems they aren't really losing extra fat but rather all the fat from the dairy. No one in the video study noted having lost any weight during the dairy consumption and unlike the rest of the video they didn't show a before and after x-ray of their body fat. I personally use to consume mass amounts of dairy before this year and it noticeably didn't contribute to any significant weight-loss. Not to mention when women in Africa want to get bigger before there wedding day (unlike most Americans who want to be slimmer), they seriously sit around in hiding drinking gallons of milk (whole fat I'd wager), and it seriously does work to make them bigger. Also if it's the calcium helping people to consume less calories, than people on multivitamins with calcium should also experience weight loss, and I don't recall seeing those pill bottles claiming to help anyone lose weight or reduce fat. Not to mention I have met people who switched out milk for non-dairy options and they actually started losing weight.

Overall I don't think I'd go out of my way to consume more dairy but I feel a regular healthy diet with proper portions and a normal amount of dairy consumption should allow for weight-loss in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment