3.04.2014

Week 9 - Goals

For the past two months now I have been setting weight-loss goals for myself and it was a little bit of a downer to not meet my February goal, but I do feel it is important for myself to continue to lose some amount of weight every month. That being said I think this March is going to be my last official big weight-loss goal because I do want to get down to my ideal "fat weight" (as I call it) since that's the weight I was at for many years until these past few years had taken its toll on me (and I am going to do my best to meet that goal this month). By April I think I am just going to try and set permanent weight-loss goals, which will be me trying to lose 3-4lb every month but ultimately I'd like to lose at least 40lb this year.

From my heaviest weight I'm actually down about 18lb now, which puts me around 5lb away from my ideal "fat weight" goal. Honestly until I get under 200lb (which really shouldn't be much longer now) I don't feel like I have really lost any weight. That may not make sense to anyone but I feel like when you're a certain weight for so long that people just get use to seeing you as that weight, so for me I feel a bit unchanged still. Maybe that's because I can now go back to my old clothes fitting properly and it's my old self... which isn't where I want to stay in terms of my weight-loss because according to my BMI I should weight at least 145lb to be considered "healthy".

Do I ever see myself weighing 145lb? Definitely not, I guess because that weight seems very far away from where I am now. I also realize that a lot of people no matter how hard they feel they work toward their weight-loss goals they may never actually reach their calculated BMI. Even if I weighed 145lb, I am a fairly curvy woman (hourglass type shape) and at 5'4 I would probably only get down to a size 12/14... unlike most people who seem to get down to a size 6/8 generally (and I'm currently an 18/20). I don't think I have weighed 145lb since I was probably 14 years old, and I have never been considered slim or skinny through my entire life really. If I ever did reach 145lb that would be amazing, and the least amount I should ever weight would be no less than 124lb.

By now you're probably wondering what my exact heaviest weight was, or perhaps you can already figure it out by this post. So I tell you what, when I reach under 200lb (or 199.9lb to be exact) I will share with you my heaviest and starting weight of 2014. Until then, keep coming back for more of my healthy lifestyle changes for 2014!

Happy Fat Tuesday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment