3.18.2014

Week 11 - Q and A

This week I wanted to take time to answer some questions on my new lifestyle, and if you have anymore questions feel free to drop me a comment below.

Q: How often do you workout?
A: I workout 2-3 times a week which happens right after I wake-up and before I eat. I like to have at least a day between each day I workout, nothing consecutive thus far.

Q: Do you workout your upper body?
A: I am going to start getting into this very soon and do around 5-10 minutes of lifting before I do my walking. It is actually important to lift before walking.

Q: Do you eat before, after, or both on the days you workout?
A: I've read it's actually better to workout when you wake-up and do it before you eat, otherwise you're just burning off the food you just ate. I also find I sometimes get tired after eating or get indigestion if I eat before I workout. I do however drink a bottle of water during my workout/walk. If I did eat before I exercised then I would just eat a small piece of fruit or granola bar.

Q: What do you eat after you workout?
A: I'll usually have a breakfast shake since it can be quickly digested after a workout and contains lots of vitamins and such, or I like to have some type meal with a lot of protein like eggs, meat, etc.

Q: Do you take any pills/supplements?
A: I do currently take 2 One A Day gummy vitamins a day, and if I didn't have trouble swallowing large pills I'd prefer taking them in pill form. I should be taking an iron, D3, and thyroid pill daily but I've yet to get a blood test done this year. I am hoping since I now eat healthier and I'm taking some form of multivitamin that my blood test and blood pressure will have improved.

Q: Do you ever have any cravings?
A: I didn't have any real cravings until this week to be honest and I was craving things like... chocolate, coconut water, almond butter, and diet coke. I eat all of those things now but on a healthier level (whole food type almond butter and dark chocolate), with the exception of soda as I try to stay away from that.

Q: Is there anything you can't eat?
A: I'm allergic to sour citrus fruit and it's seriously hard to avoid lemon in foods because people throw lemons into your glass of water, squeeze it on your seafood, sometimes its hidden in processed foods like tv dinners, salsa, guacamole, chips, teas, etc. I've also noticed I can't drink tea or wine, but it's because I have GERD.

Q: Since you can't eat sour citrus fruits (lemon, lime, orange) how do you get Vitamin C?
A: I do take a multivitamin as I mentioned before but lots of other healthy foods contain Vitamin C in general. I do buy some organic canned papaya in pineapple juice as papaya actually contains more Vitamin C than an orange. I've found that Camu Powder is an awesome superfood if you're really lacking in Vitamin C (although I'm not lacking in it).

Q: Is there any organic packaged/pre-made health food you don't like?
A: Fruit juices. They always taste kind of stale to me so, I'd much rather blend together fresh fruits (it's more beneficial that way).

Q: How do you stay motivated?
A: Just keeping a blog like this one or even being on a site that allows you to track weight or share your weight-loss results can help give you motivation. Looking at photos of slim figured people or seeing stylish clothing being worn that I could never wear because of my size. Being single for a long time now and questioning if it's really because of my weight. Wanting to take better care of myself on the inside. Not wanting people to look at me assuming that I'm lazy just because of my weight. Overall I stay motivated to do this because I want to be healthier and be the best me that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment