3.11.2014

Week 10 - Learning Process

These past few weeks have definitely been a learning experience for myself. Now that I eat healthier I do feel that my taste buds have perhaps changed a little bit, but I also find lots of organic foods which I enjoy eating and combine into my daily meals. I don't eat completely organic and personally I think it's a lot of non-sense to an extent, but I do mainly try to eat wholefoods and also incorporate some amount of superfoods into my daily diet.

Having lost over 15 lbs now, I feel like most of the weight-loss I've gone through this year has been because I don't really eat fast food and drink soda anymore. The little bit of exercise I do every week I do feel helps the weight-loss move along. I'm not in a contest to lose weight rapidly and this is not a fade diet for myself, and I feel the slower you can lose weight the slower the weight tends to creep back on which is why I mainly aim to lose 1-2 lb a week now, but I don't strictly force myself to really lose a definite amount regardless of what goals I may try and set for myself on here.

I knew about calories and counting them before, but I didn't take much into consideration of the quality of foods I would eat in order to provide my body with real nutrition. For example, a person can eat 2000 calories from fast food cheeseburgers while another person can consume 2000 calories from vegetables. A body that eats healthier is going to process foods more efficiently, where a fatty diet is going to cause poor bodily function and fat buildup overtime. Although you can still gain weight from either diet it's how your body is gaining this weight that really transforms it internally. You also shouldn't stress over the scale everyday, weight fluctuates constantly whether you just ate, had a lack of sleep, went to the bathroom, worked out, etc. If your weight hasn't changed at all within a months time, than you probably do need to make some more changes to your life to get results and/or seek help from a doctor, and I would recommend getting a blood test and testing your blood pressure just to make sure your body is getting the vitamins and such that it needs.

Some movies that helped change my outlook on food last year was one available on Netflix called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" which my cousins had told me about. The movie "Food, Inc." is another interesting food movie on the meat we eat. A popular movie for those that eat fast food is "Super Size Me" which shows a healthy fit guy turn his life into a fast food diet. One last movie I want to mention that isn't completely about food is the movie "The Cove" which is based in Japan (what's really in that can of tuna?). If anyone has any other interesting health or food related movies then drop me a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment