1.28.2014

Week 4 - Things Change

This week was honestly my hardest week thus far which may be because I felt more mentally prepared for the miseries of the first week and it possibly going into the second week, but for some reason this fourth week was a ***** for me. I was losing weight fairly fast overall but steadily as I had tried to set a 2 LB weekly weight-loss goal for myself, which was good but at the same time between the possible lack in calories, workouts (on average I've been working out twice a week this month), winter blues, stress, and school starting again I just went off the hinges. Which reminded me just how important it is to not just take care of the inside of your body but also to take care of the outside of your body, and your mentality. At least once a week I would definitely recommend taking time out for yourself to just chill-out.. be it an hour or two relaxing to nature sounds in a hot lavender scented Epsom salt bath like I did after my 35 minute walk (keep in mind that at least 15 minutes of exercise can help reduce stress and even panic attack type symptoms).
A warm bubble bath with some dried lavender
By now you may be wondering what type of changes I've made from the way my dietary lifestyle was like before this year. The main things that have changed is that I was eating lots of fast food and on average it was probably twice a day of combination meals (meals I'd bring from home never really felt that filling enough) with greasy salty french fries, and drinking mostly diet soda. Exercise also didn't have much part in my life and I rather loathed it (and still do at times). I even did Zumba for about the last 4 months out of the last two years now, but it was only once a week and a session of that lasts 50 minutes with brief pauses between dance songs. Don't get me wrong, Zumba is a good workout but only once a week wasn't giving anyone in the class real weight-loss results on its own. Based on that experience I honestly feel that if you took that class, chopped the time almost in half, and then did that for 2-3 times a week along with eating better, that you would definitely start seeing more results physically and in weight-loss.

The most weight I had ever lost in the past was almost 15 LB in 6 weeks, and that was several years back. It consisted of a grilled chicken salad, a lean cuisine, and only drinking water (and I think I was also using an elliptical on occasion). The problem with this diet was obviously it was a mundane repetitive daily diet which was getting tiresome, my body wasn't getting the variety of nutrients it really needed, and I basically wasn't eating enough calories for what I had weighed (it takes calories to lose calories.. as odd as that may sound at first). Anytime I'd eat something outside of that diet regime that new food item tasted like heaven on earth to me, which ultimately made me stray off that diet permanently. This is why I feel it's important to mix up the foods you eat, because not everyday has to consist of salads or eating super healthy. My diet now is a lifestyle change and to me that's about making smarter healthier choices for the most part, and not over indulging and over-eating on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment