1.21.2014

Week 3 - Daily Meal Ideas

Starting off my third week of dieting I was only 0.1 LB away from meeting my 2 LB goal for the week (as I'm trying to lose at least 8 LB total in 4 weeks). Three days into my 3rd week and I was down 7.7 LB so I had practically met my 1 month goal about a week early, and it met my first small personal goal on my weight-loss journey which was pretty exciting. By now you're probably wondering what type of meals and such I've been eating and a lot of these things can be made healthier which I'm going to try to work on for next month.

Often the days I work consist of meals like...

1-2 Nature Valley granola bars (these are nice to have on hand on my hour commute)
1 Can of Beef vegetable soup (with 1/4 can of water added in and some herbs).
Around 4 Cups of baby spinach salad mix with a few tablespoons of blue cheese dressing (I generally add a bit of shredded cheese, some tomato, baby carrots, etc).
1-2 Slices of bread/toast.
A cookie or piece of chocolate on occasion with a small glass of milk.
I try to drink mostly water or tea, but a few times a week I may have a glass of diet coke.

Not everyday is a super healthy day as I do have meals like...

Carnation breakfast shake (with added fruit and such).
A slice of pizza
A cheese and chicken quesadilla with salsa (and sometimes fried beans).
A tall glass of diet coke.
A few cookies and some milk.

Everyday I have an unhealthy day I try to make up for a bit by doing my 35 minute walk. By the way I do have a music playlist I like to workout to available on YouTube, it consists of mostly hip hop and Latin type music with a few other genre's thrown in (you can create your own playlist though). I know one day last week I didn't have time to pack my lunch for work so I got some late night fast food at Taco Bell...

3 supreme crunchy taco's.
A side order of cheesy nachos.
A bottle of caffeine free diet coke.
2 Nature Valley granola bars.

So while my dieting definitely needs some tweaking to make it healthier and I do have my not-so healthy days I think in some ways it's good to curb your cravings at times and keep your body guessing what the next day will bring, I think this can help with some weight plateau's as well. If you still struggle to lose weight and such I'd recommend trying out a website like LiveStrong (there's also a phone app available) it can allow you to track your calories, exercise, and weight better. Also, feel free to send me a comment or two if there's anything you'd like to know about my weight loss. Life may get busy for me after next week since I'll be starting my spring semester at college again so, my posts may start to slow down a bit on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment