4.22.2014

Week 16 - Blood Pressure

This past week I decided to venture over to my local Walmart to check my blood pressure levels on one of the SoloHealth machines. To my surprise Walmart's blood pressure machines have become much more advance than I remember, as it can not only can check your blood pressure but also your vision, health risk assessment, and weight management. The main reason I wanted to check my blood pressure was because on at least two occasions last year while visiting the doctor I was told my blood pressure was a little high (Prehypertension stage), and now that I have been eating healthier this year I decided to see if I had any changes. To my surprise my readings came back as 111/73 (Systolic/Diastolic) with a heart rate of 62, which is completely normal. My vision is good, my BMI is 35 which isn't good but that's what I'm working on with my diet, and my health risk was a level 3 which is apparently good but leaves room for improvement.

I decided to take a photo of my body this week since having lost 20lb so far this year (my jeans are too big on me). I don’t see myself losing anymore weight this month to be honest so, I am just trying to maintain my weight for a while since it has been jumping all over the place lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment