2.18.2014

Week 7 - Start Planning

To start monitoring my calorie, etc intake I have been trying to put together a daily diet plan for a week. I also noticed I haven't had much time to do my workouts so some days I have been having to cut them down to 19 minutes rather than 35 minutes but I'm still trying to get in at least 70 minutes a week, although I think it's better to hit over 30 minutes per workout to burn fat better (according to a semi-pro baseball player friend of mine who has 'buns of steel'). These past 2 weeks my weight really hasn't changed much. I'm still feeling unsure that I will meet my weight-loss goal for this month.

As for other news my step dad just completed his first week on a very strict diet given to him by his doctor, and he lost 11 lb! Since he is diabetic he can't have sugar or carbs so his new diet basically consists of green vegetables and some meat, but it also comes with a few pre-packaged food items. He also has to add 1/4tsp of 'ideal salt' to each meal, drink lots of water, and no cheating. At some point though he will of course hit the weight plateau and he also got sick at the end of his first week (we're talking a temperature of 101°F). My mom will also be going on the same diet this week and it's very common for her to get sick while starting a new diet as well.

Regardless of my parents being sick on strict diets, my diet is more of a lifestyle change as I've mentioned before and I have not gotten sick while having lost around 13 lbs in 7 weeks now. The main thing I feel I need to work on now is increasing my energy level as I have not been feeling very energetic or motivated really. I also wish I could balance my mood to be more level as it always seems so up and down. I'm definitely going to try some more new superfoods and such. Thus far I haven't really noticed any changes from the EarthShift products I bought before which I posted about previously. The places on my body I feel I've lost weight at thus far is my arms (as my pleather jacket fits loser there), my face (according to a co-worker), and my butt/waist (my mom even pulled out her magnifying glass wondering where it was, eep).

No comments:

Post a Comment