5.20.2014

Week 20 - Extremely Sick

Last Tuesday was the first week I didn't do a post because I got extremely sick with a horrible case of Strep C. I had a fever over 100F for 5 days straight (it was a total killer!) which got up to 103.1F the 3rd day when I finally went to the ER. By the 5th day I was still miserable and I finally got a prescription for Amoxicillin (used to treat things like Anthrax) from Urgent Care which honestly helped out significantly by the next day. I am now doing much better although my tonsils are still swollen and the glands in my cheeks have some blockage or something going on (which is really weird feeling). That aside I did drop 2lb during that time, I got to where I felt starving but then would hardly eat, plus it hurt so much to swallow anything (like a burning dagger to the throat).

Hoping that the worst is now behind me in terms of being sick, my blood pressure reading was 127 (fair) right before I got sick, but by the time I went to the Urgent Care about a week after it was down to 101 (good). I really want to start losing weight again since I have been maintaining my weight within 5lb of the lowest weight I have reached so far this year (202lb). I feel like since I have maintained my weight under 207lb that it may help reduce any big weight gain spikes. Another challenge for me has been my parents going off of their strict diets, and with my dad gradually gaining weight my mom is still wanting to lose more weight. So, hopefully I can find the strength to get my healthy lifestyle back on track once again as I do want to lose another 20lb by August.

No comments:

Post a Comment